REUSABLE/WASHABLE MEDICAL ISOLATION GOWN COTTON BLUE - 5 PER PACK
Medical Isolation Gowns, industrial strength, washable and reusable up to 70 times. 100% cotton gown is for use in medical environments and general application areas. This is a very robust and long-life reusable isolation gown. One square yard of this gown fabric weighs 5.2 oz or 175 grams per sq. meter. It's a tightly woven cotton material developed specifically to resist water. Some thread fibers will wash off with each wash and dry cycle to make a gown slightly less protective, but we have had customers reuse these gowns successfully 70 times. Every inch of this fabric has 62 threads going longways (warp) and 40 threads going left to right (weft). That's why it weighs so much and offers excellent protection against splashes and sprays.
- Gowns one size fits most
- Machine washable and reusable
- 100% cotton for breathability
- Tightness of the weave makes the water-resistant, but not waterproof
- Ties are made of 100% Polester
- Elastic tape cuffs
- Made in the USA!
Cotton Isolation Gowns:
- Class 1 non-surgical reusable gown (Equivalent to a level 1 or 2 gown; test results pending)
- Water resistant
- Weight (each) 5.2 oz per yard
- Elastic wrists
- Features multiples ties at the back for proper fitment
- Material: Cotton
- Sizes: One size fits all
- Color: Blue. (Please note that ties may be blue or white, cotton or polyester)
- Reusable: Washable up to 70 times on gentle cycle. Wash cold, neutral detergent, no bleach. Machine dry.
- Timeline for Delivery: Approximately 2-3 weeks from time of order.
Why use reusable gowns?
- Disposable gowns are currently extremely hard to get. The CDC recommends using reusable gowns during the pandemic.
- Reusable gowns are less expensive. A study by Environmental Clarity Inc. found reusable isolation gowns reduce costs as much as 25 to 50 percent.
- Environmentally Responsible. Disposable medical gowns do not decompose in landfills. Healthcare providers throw away "stadiums worth" of isolation gowns into landfills yearly. Reusable gowns provide:
- 30% lower greenhouse gas emissions
- 28% lower consumption of natural resource
- 41% lower water consumed that is not returned to the source
- 93% to 99% lower solid waste at healthcare facilities